- Address: 8900 Van Wyck Expy, Jamaica NY 11418
- Project Type: LED Lighting Upgrade
- Annual kWh Savings: 4,649,168
- Annual Electric Bill Savings: $726,200.07
- Estimated Rebate Amount: $603,500.00
- Payback: 0.73 years
Located on the VanWyck Expressway within sight of New York’s JFK Airport, Jamaica Hospitalserves patients from Queens and Eastern Brooklyn and has been called one of the 50 fastest-growing hospitals in the U.S. But the 431-bed community teaching hospital found a downside to all the growth – rising energy costs were difficult to manage, thanks to the unpredictable electric rates in the region.
The project furnishing all labor, material, lift, project management, rebate management and supervision to complete the following:
- Retrofitting fluorescent T8 and T12 lamps with LED tubes. All LED tubes will by-‐pass existing ballast and operate using external drivers.
- Retrofitting CFL Biax fixtures with LED Biax lamps.
- Replacing existing incandescent and compact fluorescent lamps with EnergyStar© LED lamps.
- Replacing Compact Fluorescent Stairwell fixtures with new LED Bi-‐Level luminaires.
- Upgrading incandescent exit signs with NYC Code LED exit fixtures.
- Replacing existing parking garage lights with new LED parking garage luminaires.
- Replacing exterior lights with LED fixtures.
- Applying for utility incentives to offset project costs.